Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spinach

I love summer and what it brings! I love the warm mornings and the smell of flowers and fresh cut grass.

And now, a new adventure into spinach. Such a useful, healthy and yummy vegetable! Spinach can be used anywhere from main dish to breakfast!

I love mixing it into a salad! Such an easy task one might say but here is a great recipe!
Spinach salad with beets, goat cheese, and lemon dressing!

I mix a lot of spinach with mix green lettuce. I peel and heat the beets until they are fork tender (around 375 degree oven with aluminium foil tent for about 20-25 mins). After the beets are cool, add them into the salad with crumbled goat cheese. I make my own dressing using canola oil, lemon juice, diced shallots, Dijon mustard, apple vinegar, and salt/pepper. I make it to taste. If you have left over chicken breast, throw it in, it make a prefect summer lunch!!

Until next time, keep on cookin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment